Their extensive experience and dedication to safety will ensure that participants gain invaluable insights and practical strategies to enhance their operations. The PFTM program offers a complete and holistic approach to best practices in the transport industry whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out!
This comprehensive training package has been meticulously designed to promote 'best practice' not only within the transport industry but also across various non-transport sectors.
The program aligns with the Chain of Responsibility laws and will be sure to become an important part of your Safety Management System.
| The program includes:|
- ROLLOVER: build on key learning outcomes from the 'Rollover Program' to establish learning objectives based on the pillars of the Safe System: Safer Road Users, Safer Roads, Safer Vehicles and Safer Speeds .
- AWARENESS & KNOWLEDGE: takes the experience of many people from many parts of the transport industry and seeks to provide the participants extensive awareness and knowledge about what happens when a truck rolls and why.
- COMMUNICATION: how centrifugal force, centre of gravity, speed and dynamic forces can act on a prime mover and its trailers to a point where the driver is unable to avoid the rollover.
- CHALLENGE: participants to examine personal ownership and responsibility for their own and the community’s safety.
- ENCOURAGE: participants to be personally accountable for their actions and shows them how to develop a personal risk reduction plan utilising trip planning method.
- ASSIST: drivers and management to collaboratively develop personal management tools based on ATSSS templates with extensive after-service support.
- HUMAN FACTORS: highlighting that fatigue, inattention and complacency, are the underlying causes of many crashes in heavy and light vehicles in the transport industry.
- GUIDING: educating drivers to adopt a proactive, intrinsically motivated view of solutions to driving challenges.
- EMPOWERING: drivers to take control of the factors that place them at higher risk of a crash, recognising that professional drivers are at higher risk of crashes or accidents due to the nature of their work.Following the resounding success of our Professional Ownership & Driver Wellbeing Program (PODW), the Australian Forest Contractors Association (AFCA) is thrilled to respond to popular demand by launching this groundbreaking program merging two highly successful initiatives into one extraordinary training experience the 'PFTM - PROFESSIONAL FREIGHT TASK MANAGEMENT PROGRAM'.
PFTM Information Session
Discover more about the Professional Freight Task Management program by viewing our recent online webinar and information just click the play button below:
How to book an PFTM Session:
To book or enquire regarding holding a PFTM session please complete the form by clicking the button below.