AFCA’s primary purpose is to advocate on behalf of members to improve business outcomes and conditions for Forestry Contracting Businesses. In order to achieve this AFCA currently holds positions on a number of federal and state government committees and councils along with industry bodies.
This allows AFCA to represent our members and provide advice on issues and influence policy development that impacts on the operations of Forestry Contracting Businesses.
In addition, AFCA regularly engages with a wide range of stakeholders, including federal politicians, to advocate on behalf of our members.
AFCA also undertakes a number of other activities:
- provides a range of supporting services, communications, including the monthly Log Newsletter and regional meetings to kept members abreast of issues important to them
- Maintains partnerships and affiliations with other peak body organisations to influence and develop policy impacting on the forestry industry and to secure a sustainable future for the forestry industry
- Makes submissions and representations on behalf of members
- Partners with a range of companies supporting and providing products and services companies to improve member benefits and access to innovation in technology.
- Maintains a Contractors Hall of Fame, with an annual function that inducts Forestry Contracting Businesses that have given outstanding service to the industry into the Hall of Fame.
- Facilitates the running of AusTimber every four-year cycle as an international event designed to showcase the forestry industry, supply chain and the latest in harvest and haulage equipment.
- Members are also entitled to discounts at AFCA and industry functions where AFCA is affiliated.